Beef Stir-Fry with Avocado Salad
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 mild chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup coriander plus more for garnish, chopped
- Corn tortillas (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon chili powder; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and chilli and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add beef and marinade to vegetables and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine beans, avocado, cheese, 1/4 cup coriander, and remaining lime juice and chilli powder.
5. Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining coriander. Serve with avocado salad and warmed tortillas if desired.
Nutritional facts per serving: 436 calories, 28g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 26g fat (7g saturated)