Your privacy is important to us. truGym understands that when you, our customer, use our website and member services systems, you are entrusting us with your most valuable asset—your data. You trust that its privacy will be protected and that it will be used only in a way that is consistent with your expectations.
This privacy statement explains what personal data truGym collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
Personal data we collect
truGym collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our website and our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you sign up for a gym membership, login to our member wifi, administer your member services account, book an induction, request a one day pass, or submit an enquiry via one of our website forms.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you follow/contact one of the truGym social profiles.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with truGym, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, location and training goals.
- Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- Usage data. We collect data about your training patterns and how often you train at our gyms.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support.
How we use personal data
Contact & Communication: We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalise our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone, SMS, email or other means to provide you with information about the products / services that truGym offer, to inform you that you have not completed your membership sign up process, to invite you to provide feedback, or to send you our weekly email newsletters. When sharing your data via one of our sign up forms, you can opt whether you would like to receive communications from truGym. All emails* we send will provide the option for you to unsubscribe from receiving marketing/informational communications. We may still contact you by email or phone in the event of emergency, or if there is important information about the gym (such as maintenance work).
*Email marketing campaigns published by truGym may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with GDPR, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead.
We partner with Harlands to make direct debit collections on our behalf for members of our clubs in the UK. We share with Harlands all of the information which is necessary to make these collections and in order for them to be able to meet their obligations under the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme. Outside of the above, we will not share your data with any third party.
Customer feedback: We use data from customer feedback to make improvement to our products.
Business Operations: We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Sign-in and Authentication: When you sign into a website using your personal account details, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Storing Information You Provide to a Website: When you provide information, or add products to a shopping basket when shopping on truGym websites, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
- Showing Advertisin: We may display advertising from third parties such as Google on the truGym website. If we do, cookies will be used to record how many visitors have clicked on an advertisement and to record which advertisements you have seen so you don’t see the same one repeatedly.
In addition to the cookies truGym sets when you visit our websites, third parties may also set cookies when you visit truGym sites. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in various browsers may be found by searching “(insert browser name) block cookies”.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.